FSUE “Atomflot” has two branches of ship repair service:
1. Ship repair outside the area of ionizing radiation sources (Ship Repair).
2. Ship repair inside the area exposed to ionizing radiation, radiation-dangerous and nuclear-dangerous works (Special Ship Repair)
Repair of gear and systems of atomic icebreakers (excluding nuclear power plant):
- docking with all kinds of dock works (cleaning up to CA 2,5 level of Swedish standard and painting underbody and superstructures including two-pot paint);
- turbo-gear repair;
- auxiliary gear repair (pumps, compressors, separators, deaerators);
- deck and lifting gear repair;
- special systems and general pipelines;
- marine electrical equipment.
Special ship repair
Repair and maintenance of nuclear power plant (NPP). The Company’s specialists have mastered the technology of repairing and replacing basic NPP equipment. This includes replacing removable parts of steam generators, screen assemblies, repairing and replacing accessories and pumps of the first loop, etc.
The Company has appropriate workshops for group 1 and 2 works: repair and maintenance complex consisting of 8 bays three of which are in a control area, solid radioactive wastes depository, special laundry, temporary depository for conditioned radioactive wastes.
The Company has a floating dock with the following dimensions: pontoon length 186 m; with crinolines 206 m; clear width 33,5 m; keel blocks height 1800 mm; maximum water level over keel blocks 10,4 m. Mass of the docked vessel must not exceed 20 000 t.